If you are planning to visit our facility, here is some information about what to expect
- Waiting Room: You will need to check in with our receptionist on the day of your surgery. Our main reception and waiting area is spacious and bright for those here with you on the day of your surgery.
- Pre-Admit: After your surgery is scheduled, you will also be scheduled for a ‘Pre-Admit’ appointment at the Orthopaedic Surgery Center. At this appointment, our nursing staff will be collecting and reviewing with you, your current health status, and collecting information for our anesthesiologist. We will gladly answer any questions you have about our facility, or what to expect on day of surgery.
- Pre-Op: This is the beginning of your surgery day. Our professional nursing staff will assist you in preparation before your procedure. In pre-op you can expect to review/sign your consent form, review your medical history, and have your IV started. Once you are settled in pre-op, one family member may come sit with you until you go to surgery. In pre-op you will meet the rest of your surgical team, including your Anesthesiologist, your operating room nurse, and you will also see your surgeon. Your anesthesiologist will discuss with you your anesthesia options.
- For more information about anesthesia, please visit www.lifelinetomodernmedicine.com. Your surgeon will again review with you the procedure to be performed.
- Operating Room: At the appropriate time, you will be moved to the operating room accompanied by your OR nurse and/or anesthesiologist.
- Recovery Room: When your surgery is complete, you will be transferred to the recovery room. You will remain in the recovery room until you are ready to be discharged. Once you are awake, your family member or other person with you will be asked to come back and stay with you. Our nursing staff will provide discharge instructions to your family member or other person going home with you. These instructions will also be in writing for you. When the time is right, your nurse will escort you to your car. We will be calling you at home on the day after your surgery to see how you are doing, and if you have any questions.